When it comes to summertime dinner plans, it always pays off to stick to a lighter dish. As a matter of fact, the easier the recipe is the better. No one wants to sweat inside of a hot kitchen when it’s already boiling outdoors. With the summer weather approaching quickly by, here at Healthiac, we decided to look into an easy to make salad recipe that takes only 25 minutes to prepare. This Broccoli Pasta Salad dish is the perfect dish for anyone looking to engage their taste buds without putting in copious amounts of work in the kitchen. After you’ve prepared the dish, you can save the leftovers in the fridge for the next two days.
- 4 cups cooked bow-tie pasta
- 7 sweet mini peppers (orange, yellow and red), diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup three cheese ranch dressing
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and rinse in warm water.
- Seed, then dice peppers, and chop broccoli into small bite size florets and pieces.
- In a large bowl, put peppers, broccoli, cranberries and pasta.
- Pour dressing over ingredients, and mix well until all ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Top with slivered almonds (optional) before serving.
Recipe courtesy of: walmart.com