Have you been tempted to stray away from your healthy diet because of unhealthy cravings? Cravings are a hard habit to kick, especially when they take over your thoughts. One of the easiest ways to help curb your cravings is to find an alternative substitute to your favorite dishes. If you happen to be a big pizza lover, but can’t afford to indulge at the moment, then we’ve got an awesome alternative for you. Try out this Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe for a deliciously healthy version of your favorite pizza dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Grabbing a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the zucchini onto the skillet in batches and cook through until golden. That should take about 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the zucchini pieces onto a large baking sheet. Place the marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni minis onto each zucchini slice.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow it to cook until the cheese melted. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the zucchini pieces. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of: damndelicous.net