Have you been trying to wean yourself off of your daily dose of caffeine in the mornings then you’re going to need something that will pack a big punch. While caffeine may help you to wake up, it’s not the best choice if you’re trying to stay in track with a healthy lifestyle. There are many more natural alternatives that you could indulge in that will give you longer lasting energy without all of the side effects that come with caffeine consumption (like the big crash around 2 p.m.). So if you’re trying to start your mornings off right, then why not drink up a healthy and nutritious smoothie? Fruits are the perfect starting point for the day and you’ll feel better knowing that you’re making the right choice from the moment you’ve woken up. So read on for this breakfast energy smoothie that will have you quite literally bouncing off the walls.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed fresh or frozen berries
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients on high for about 2 minutes. Scrape off the sides and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour your smoothie in your favorite glass and enjoy!
This colorful and healthy smoothie will leave your mouth with an amazing taste and will promote energy all throughout the day for you! So give this smoothie a try and see how you feel afterwards.
Recipe courtesy of: deliciouslysprinkled.com