Feeding yourself and your family can be a huge daily task, especially if you’ve got your own career. Finding the time to come up with different and original meals that are also healthy can drain just about the last bits of energy out of you. Since we know how difficult it can be managing lunchtime or dinnertime, we’ve decided to include a delicious recipe that takes only 10 minutes to make. That’s right, this healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado recipe will blow your mind by its sheer simplicity to prepare while being filled with flavor. You and your family will absolutely fall in love with this flavorful dish.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Take the scooped out pieces and place them into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash the scooped up avocado pieces with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over everything in the mixing bowl. Stir everything together in order to mix up all the ingredients.
- Scoop the tuna mixture into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of: thestayathomechef.com