Have you been tempted to stray away from your healthy diet because of unhealthy cravings? Cravings are a hard habit to kick, especially when they take over your thoughts. One of the easiest ways to help curb your cravings is to find an alternative substitute to your favorite dishes. If you happen to be a big pizza lover, but can’t afford to indulge at the moment, then we’ve got an awesome alternative for you. Try out this Zucchini Pizza Bites recipe for a deliciously healthy version of your favorite pizza dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Grabbing a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the zucchini onto the skillet in batches and cook through until golden. That should take about 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the zucchini pieces onto a large baking sheet. Place the marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni minis onto each zucchini slice.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow it to cook until the cheese melted. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the zucchini pieces. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of: damndelicous.net
More and more
Every once in a while, our sweet tooth kicks in and starts craving a crazy amount of sugar. While many times we can ignore our sweet tooth, there are certain times when it becomes almost impossible to silent. When you feel that you’re about to cave to your sweet tooth urges, it helps to have healthy sweet alternatives to indulge in. Since cookies are a popular dessert among almost all of us, we decided to look into a healthy cookie recipe for those of us looking to stay on track with our diet. This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is the perfect dessert option for those of us looking to feed our sweet tooth without going too off track.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- about 1/2 to 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grab your large baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper.
- Grab 2 medium bowls. One bowl will be for the dry ingredients and the other one will be for the wet ingredients. In one of the bowls, whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In the other bowl melt the butter. Let it cool a bit and then whisk in the vanilla, egg, and honey. Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together.
- Save out about half of the chocolate chips. Use a sharp knife to roughly chop the remaining chocolate, then fold it into the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for either 30 minutes in the refrigerator or for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Use your hands to create cookie shapes on the parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of: thefoodcharlatan.com
More and more
When it comes to summertime dinner plans, it always pays off to stick to a lighter dish. As a matter of fact, the easier the recipe is the better. No one wants to sweat inside of a hot kitchen when it’s already boiling outdoors. With the summer weather approaching quickly by, here at Healthiac, we decided to look into an easy to make salad recipe that takes only 25 minutes to prepare. This Broccoli Pasta Salad dish is the perfect dish for anyone looking to engage their taste buds without putting in copious amounts of work in the kitchen. After you’ve prepared the dish, you can save the leftovers in the fridge for the next two days.
- 4 cups cooked bow-tie pasta
- 7 sweet mini peppers (orange, yellow and red), diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup three cheese ranch dressing
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and rinse in warm water.
- Seed, then dice peppers, and chop broccoli into small bite size florets and pieces.
- In a large bowl, put peppers, broccoli, cranberries and pasta.
- Pour dressing over ingredients, and mix well until all ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Top with slivered almonds (optional) before serving.
Recipe courtesy of: walmart.com
More and more
Have you been on the lookout for an easy to prepare midday snack that will satisfy your hunger to the fullest? After breakfast, lunch is the second most important meal of the day. If you happen to treat yourself well during your first two meals, then you’ll be way less likely to binge during dinnertime, which is when your body should already be slowing down. So if you’ve got 10 minutes to spare and taste buds that are longing for something delicious to devour, then why not try out this healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe? This recipe is absolutely effortless and low-carb as well. The bold flavor combination will be an exhilarating change from the everyday lunch salad you’ve been scarfing down during lunchtime.
- 1 wrap
- ¼ c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. bleu cheese crumbles
- ⅓ c. cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ c. broccoli cole slaw
- 2 Tbsp. celery, diced
- ⅓ avocado, sliced
- ⅓ c. tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- Lay your wrap flat and spread with Greek yogurt.
- Top with bleu cheese crumbles. Toss the chicken in the buffalo sauce and layer it on the wrap with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap the sides toward the middle and roll up tightly.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: thecreativebite.com
More and more
It’s time to spice up your dinnertime selections with a recipe jam-packed with flavor that your taste buds will almost explode. No one enjoys eating the same meal night after night, so we’ve decided to look into some great new dishes to make your dinners much more exciting. This Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Wraps is a super easy dish to prepare that is filled with juicy goodness. The entire recipe takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook, leaving you with a delicious dinner dish after only 30 minutes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 sliced pineapple rings
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 pita wraps
- optional: sesame seeds, lettuce, mayo, tomatoes
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- To create the wraps, place the pita down and then pile on a piece of the grilled chicken, onions, pineapple, and whatever other toppings you’d like. Finish off the wrap with some sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce. You may also add some cilantro as well.
- To create the homemade teriyaki sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 mins.
Recipe courtesy of: lecremedelacrumb.com
More and more
Being a working mother and wife can be a full-time job that never ends. Taking care of the family and work can be incredibly stressful and at times, it can completely deplete us of our energy. Since dinnertime is such an important moment for many families, it also becomes another thing for us to obsess over and worry about. However, with the amount of healthy and easy recipe options available to us these days, dinner doesn’t have to be a big deal. Check out this easy to make baked chicken nuggets recipe that is egg, dairy and gluten free. You and the whole family will be able to enjoy these bite-size nuggets as you sit around the dinnertime with smiles all around.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of almond or whole grain gluten-free flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- avocado oil
- Cut chicken into small chunks, about 1 – 1½ inch chunks. Place in bowl.
- Mix flour with seasonings.
- Sprinkle flour and seasoning mixture over chicken and mix well to coat thoroughly.
- Melt avocado oil. Drizzle over chicken to lightly coat.
- Bake in preheated oven (425 degrees for convection / 450 for conventional) until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 180 degrees (about 10 minutes for a convection oven).
Recipe courtesy of: wholenewmom.com
More and more
If there were one vegetable that can be used in a variety of ways it would definitely be the zucchini. Zucchini can take any bland dish and turn it into something tasty and exciting. One of our personal favorite zucchini dishes is the coconut flour zucchini bread. This zucchini bread recipe is perfect as a side dish for your dinner meal or as a quick and easy breakfast treat. The entire prep times takes around 15 minutes and the cooking time takes 45 minutes.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw unpeeled grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Recipe courtesy of: food.com
More and more
Breakfast is considered one of the most important meals of the day. In fact, if you’ve been skipping out on breakfast altogether then you have truly been doing your body a disservice. Many people claim that their reasoning behind skipping breakfast is due to a lack of options, but we’re here to show you that there are indeed many delicious and healthy breakfast options available to us. With that in mind, we’ve recently discovered a recipe that will absolutely blow you away. This Spinach Quiche Cups recipe is an extremely easy way to start your day off right – also, it’s absolutely delicious!
- Olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 (8 oz package) mini-bella mushrooms
- 1-2 Tbsp, heavy cream or half-and-half
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the mushrooms until they are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the spinach in a deep pan or in the skillet that you cooked the mushrooms in. Add a little water, about 1/4 cup. Using medium heat, cook the spinach just until wilted, about 3-4 mins. Use either your hand or a spatula to pack in the spinach. Drain the excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, cheeses and cream (if using) to the eggs. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Grab a muffin tray and fill each one in with the mixture.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of: manilaspoon.com
More and more
There’s truly nothing better in the world than indulging in your favorite dessert. Desserts bring joy to many of our hearts and it can be especially difficult to give up sweets when we start to get onto a clean diet. Luckily for you, there are many alternative dessert choices that are absolutely healthy to indulge in. This delicious raspberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe is definitely for you!
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats
- ¾ cup (90g) whole wheat
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (28g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tbsp (53g) fresh raspberries, diced
- 2 ½ tbsp (35g) miniature chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Grabbing a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup. Add the flour mixture and stir until everything is mixed up. Gently fold in the raspberries and 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten to about half of their original height using a spatula. Gently press the remaining miniature chocolate chips into the tops. Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of: amyshealthbaking.com
More and more
When it comes to indulging in some fried food goodness, we have a particular weak spot for chimichangas. These tasty treats, however, are pretty hard to ingest on a regular basis as they are usually super greasy. Greasy fried food is usually a huge no-no, especially if you’re trying to stick to a healthy diet. However, we’ve uncovered a baked chicken chimichanga recipe that eliminates all of the problems associated with fried ones. This recipe is the perfect substitute that you can easily make in the comfort of your own home.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- diced tomato, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
Recipe courtesy of: the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
More and more