For those of us who have been trying to watch our diets, steering clear of our sweet tooth cravings can be the absolute worst. Nothing can completely throw off your clean streak like munching out on something sweet but filled with sugar and calories. However, there is a solution for those of us who have been daydreaming of being reunited with our favorite sweet dishes. In our midst, we hold a cookie recipe so delicious and yet so healthy that you won’t believe it’s real. These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies will surely prove that sometimes healthy and delicious can go together.
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats
- ¾ cup (90g) whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (64g) peanut butter
- ½ cup (120mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tbsp (21g) miniature chocolate chips
- Grabbing a medium sized bowl, place the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt all together and whisk them up. In another bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until everything blends together. Throw in the dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of miniature chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough onto the sheet into separate pieces and bake for 11-14 minutes. Leave the rack out to cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!