Have you been on the lookout for a deliciously sweet and healthy snack that you could munch on anytime throughout the day? If you’ve been trying your best to stick to healthier choices, then you’ll absolutely adore this Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars recipe. The recipe is incredibly easy to follow and the bars are outstandingly delicious, perfect for when you’ve got the ultimate sweet tooth nagging at you. Whether you munch of these babies as a midday snack, a morning bite, or a dessert after dinner, you’ll be glad you discovered this amazing snack.
Ingredients For Crust and Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
Ingredients For Blueberry Layer:
- 12 ounces (2 cups) blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power. Add the flour, oats, sugars, optional salt, and stir to combine. Set 1 heaping cup mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as crumble topping.
- Place the remaining mixture into the prepared pan, and using a spatula or your fingers, hard-pack the mixture to create an even, smooth, flat crust, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (same one used for crust and crumble is okay), add all ingredients and toss to combine. Evenly distribute blueberry mixture over the crust. Finish off by evenly sprinkling the reserved heaping 1-cup crumble topping mixture.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until edges are set and center has just set.
recipe courtesy of: averiecooks.com