Have you been on the lookout for an out of this world recipe to fill you up during the middle of the day? We may not realize it, but our lunchtime meal is incredibly important to maintaining a healthy diet and functioning metabolism. However, packing the same old boring sandwich day in and day out can become quite tiresome and boring. In fact, you may not even look forward to lunchtime at all anymore. So, instead of boring yourself into a food coma, why not ? This flatbread dish will surely become your next favorite lunchtime dish!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 large flatbreads
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 fresh, ripe peaches
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil (about 6-8 leaves)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Grabbing a deep skillet, pour in the balsamic vinegar and honey and then place the skillet over a medium heat.
- Cook and allow the ingredients to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush the flatbreads with olive oil and then layer on thinly sliced mozzarella cheese and peaches.
- Bake in the oven for about 4-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the flatbreads from the oven and then sprinkle the chopped basil over. Take what is left of the balsamic mixture and drizzle it over the flatbreads as well.
Recipe courtesy of: tastesbetterfromscratch.com